Here is a 12 minute YouTube video demo that I recorded of the new “Spreaker Podcast Radio” app for android that offers a lean-back radio like experiences with podcasts. Give it a watch and then give it a try if you are an android device user. It would be great to get your feedback on the app to rob (at) spreaker (dotcom).
Todd Cochrane (@GeekNews) and Rob Greenlee (@RobGreenlee) discuss the challenges of some of the new podcasting platforms when it comes to live integration for the show. The new Triton announcement by Blubrry. They also discuss a recent Westwood One “State of American Podcasting” webinar and some of the shared data points.
Catch a new Live episode this coming Saturday, November 28th at 9am PST at New Media Show Live.
In episode 34, I get behind the mic together with Steven Goldstein as his guest, discussing the relationship between podcasts and radio content. Steven is CEO of AmplifiMedia.com, is recognized as a thought leader in audio programming, marketing, and management. He has developed numerous successful radio brands and nurtured and advanced local and national talent at NBC Radio, CBS Radio, and Sega Communications.
We discuss the following topics:
– Most audio today is still consumed in real-time on the radio, but how rapidly is that changing with on-demand content?
– How is podcasting, or on-demand audio, altering the big business of broadcast radio?
– How are podcasts different than radio?
– How can audio content creators better understand the space and develop strategies to optimize it?
– How should a new or existing content creator and radio folks think about the podcasting medium?
Todd Cochrane @geeknews and I @robgreenlee do the the NewMediaShow.com last Saturday, Nov 15th on Blab.im due to Todd’s travel. We talk about the podcasting space and have a number of podcasters join us. We discuss doing podcasts on Blab.im and we discuss various new products from Spreaker.com and RawVoice PowerPress Plugin.